The fusion of the orange and chocolate is always an excellent combination. Prepare this recipe of chocolate orange marble cake and you will not regret! Serve the cake with coffee in a snack among friends…
- 100 grams (3/4 cup) chocolate powder
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) softened margarine
- 5 eggs
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- Juice of one orange
- Zest of one orange
- 200 grams (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon liquid caramel
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (24 x 8 centimeters (9 1/2-inch diameter with 3 1/4-inch-high sides)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the sugar together with the softened margarine and the orange zest until obtain a homogeneous and creamy mixture. Add the eggs and the liquid caramel and mix for 3 to 4 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a homogeneous mixture.
- Divide the dough in two parts. In one of the parts add the chocolate powder and mix until it’s nicely incorporated. In the other, add the orange juice and beat to incorporate.
- In the cake pan, pour the dough with a spoon alternately, one with orange and the other with chocolate and so on until finish the dough. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from the oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool completely and serve.