Dogfish is a delicious and very nutritious fish that can be prepared in many ways. We suggest this dogfish rice recipe, it’s quite easy to prepare and delicious. Try it!!
- 2 dogfish steaks (about 400 grams (14 ounces))
- 125 grams (2/3 cup) rice
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Coriander (to taste)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Pepper (to taste)
- 600 ml (about 3 cups) water
- Salt (to taste)
- Season the dogfish steaks with salt, chopped garlic, paprika, bay leaf, pepper, chopped coriander and olive oil. Let marinate about 30 minutes.
- In a saucepan pour the water and season with salt and a peeled onion. Boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and add the dogfish steaks with the marinade. Stir and cook for about 10 minutes. When the dogfish is cooked, drain it with a skimmer, remove the skin and bones and cut the fish into pieces. Remove also the onion and the bay leaf. Add the rice to the fish cooking water and season with a little more salt if necessary. Cook the rice over low heat for 10 minutes.
- When the rice is almost cooked, add the dogfish pieces, stir and cook for more 2 to 3 minutes. Turn off the heat, let stand for about 5 minutes and serve.