Want to vary and make an alternative cake, try joining the delicious chocolate flavor with the strawberry aroma. The mixture is fantastic.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- 100 grams (3/4 cup) chocolate powder
- 200 grams (about 1 cup) softened margarine
- 5 eggs
- 200 grams (about 1 cup) granulated sugar
- 100 grams (3 1/2 ounces) strawberries
- 200 grams (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Port wine
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a round cake pan (25 x 6 centimeters (9 3/4 x 2 1/3 inches)) with margarine and sprinkle with flour.
- Wash the strawberries, remove the stem and cut them into pieces. Place the strawberries in a blender and blend until obtain a creamy mixture. Set aside.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the sugar together with the softened margarine until obtain homogeneous and creamy mixture. Add the eggs and the Port wine and beat for 3 to 4 minutes until well incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a creamy mixture.
- Divide the dough in two parts. In one of the parts add the chocolate powder and beat for 3 to 4 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. In the other, add the grinded strawberries and mix to incorporate.
- In the cake pan, pour the dough alternately with a spoon, one with the strawberry cream and the other with chocolate and so on until finish the dough. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from the oven and unmold. Let cool to room temperature and serve.