Hake is a very rich and nutritious fish, ideal for a balanced diet. Try this delicious hake recipe with peas, it’s a simple, healthy and very pleasant recipe that everyone likes!
- 4 hake steaks (about 900 grams (2 pounds))
- 50 grams (1 3/4 ounces) Portuguese chouriço
- 1 large onion
- 500 grams (about 3 cups) peas
- Rosemary (to taste)
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 150 ml (2/3 cup) water
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Season the fish with salt and set aside.
- Place the olive oil, chopped onion, the chouriço cut into round slices and the peeled garlic in a saucepan and saute until the onion start to turn slightly golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add the peas and season with a little salt. Stir, pour the water and the white wine and cook over medium-low heat about 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce to low heat, add the fish, season with pepper and chopped rosemary and cook for more 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and serve.