Do you like hake and want to give a special and different touch? Cook the hake with fricassee sauce, it’s a perfect match that everyone will like! Try it!!
- 4 hake steaks (about 1 kg (2 1/4 pounds))
- 1 medium onion
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 4 egg yolks
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- Oregano (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Season the hake with salt, pepper, nutmeg and white wine. Let marinate about 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat the egg yolks and the lemon juice with a fork; set aside.
- Put the olive oil and the chopped onion in a saucepan and saute until the onion start to turn slightly golden. Add the fish together with the marinade. Cover the pan and cook over low heat about 20 minutes.
- When the hake is cooked, remove it with a skimmer for a dish. Remove the pan briefly from heat and add the beaten egg yolks and the flour. Stir until obtain a homogeneous and creamy mixture. Put the hake steaks back in the pan and cook over low heat more 4 to 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle with oregano and serve the fish with chips.