Want to innovate and give a traditional touch to a fish recipe? Try to make our recipe of hake fillets ‘à lagareiro’. Fillets that goes to the oven with potatoes, drizzled with a delicious olive oil, garlic and coriander sauce.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- 700 grams (1 1/2 pounds) hake fillets
- 200 ml (about 1 cup) olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 kg (2 1/4 pounds) potatoes
- Coriander (to taste)
- Juice of one lemon
- A drizzle of olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Season the fish with salt and lemon juice; set aside.
- Wash the potatoes and give a small cut on each one of them. Cook the potatoes for about 20 minutes in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- When the potatoes are cooked, drain them and place in a baking dish with a drizzle of olive oil. On another baking dish, place the fillets with the marinade with a drizzle of olive oil. Place the two baking dishes in the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil over medium-low heat the olive oil (200 ml (about 1 cup)), the unpeeled crushed garlic and the chopped coriander. When starts boiling, turn off the heat.
- Remove the fish and the potatoes from the oven, drizzle with the olive oil sauce and serve.