This chocolate mango marble cake is a delicious blend of flavors that you have to try! Prepare this cake for a party or for a snack with friends or family.
- 5 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chocolate powder
- Zest of one lemon
- 200 grams (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 300 grams (10 1/2 ounces) mango
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (25 x 10 centimeters (9 3/4-inch diameter with 4-inch-high sides)) with margarine and sprinkle with some flour.
- Wash, peel the mango and cut into pieces. Place it in a blender and blend on high until a creamy mixture; set aside.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs, lemon zest and the sugar until obtain homogeneous mixture. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a creamy mixture.
- Divide the dough in two parts. In one of the parts beat the chocolate powder for 2 to 3 minutes to incorporate. In the other, add the vanilla extract and the mango and mix for 3 to 4 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated.
- In the cake pan, pour the dough alternately with a spoon, one with chocolate and the other with the mango cream and so on until finish the dough. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool to room temperature and serve.