Simple, quick, delicious and with excellent presentation, these filled chocolate squares are mouthwatering…
- 4 eggs
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 75 grams (1/3 cup) softened margarine
- 2 tablespoons chocolate powder
- 100 grams (3/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Sugar and cinnamon for dusting
- 200 grams (7 ounces) dark chocolate
- 100 grams (3/4 cup) powdered sugar
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) softened margarine
For the filling:
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Separate the yolks from the whites. Beat the egg whites until stiff and set aside in the fridge.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the egg yolks and sugar until a creamy mixture. Add the softened margarine and the chocolate powder and mix for 3 to 4 minutes until well incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour and the baking powder and beat until obtain a homogeneous and quite creamy mixture. Finally, fold gently with a spatula the whipped egg whites.
- Line a baking tray (36 x 30 centimeters (14 1/4 x 11 3/4 inches)) with parchment paper and spread the dough over the top with a spatula. Bake for approximately 15 minutes.
- For the filling:
Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in the microwave.
- In an electric mixer, beat the sugar and margarine until a creamy mixture. Add the melted chocolate and mix for 3 to 4 minutes to incorporate.
- In a bowl, mix the sugar and the cinnamon.
- Turn off the oven and let cool slightly. Remove the parchment paper and cut the cake into squares. Fill each square with the chocolate cream and cover with another square. Sprinkle with the sugar and cinnamon mixture and serve.