Going to receive visits and want to prepare something special? We have the perfect solution for you! These chocolate muffins with cream are simple, delicious and have excellent presentation! Try it!
- 200 grams (7 ounces) dark chocolate
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 5 eggs
- 125 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 125 grams (3/4 cup) dark brown sugar
- 300 grams (2 cups) powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) softened butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
For the cream:
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Line muffin tins with paper liners.
- Place the chocolate broken into pieces in a bowl together with the margarine and melt in the microwave. Remove from microwave and stir with a fork until a creamy mixture; set aside.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs, brown sugar and the lemon zest until a homogeneous mixture. Add the melted chocolate and mix for 3 to 4 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour and beat until obtain a homogeneous and creamy mixture.
- Pour small portions of the cream into the paper liners and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 20 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Turn off the oven and let the muffins cool to room temperature.
- For the cream:
In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the butter, milk and the vanilla extract until obtain a quite creamy mixture. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the powdered sugar and beat until a consistent cream.
- Place the cream in a pastry bag and garnish the cupcakes. Sprinkle with grated chocolate and serve.