- Servings : 44 units
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 35m
Rate this recipe:
Easy and simple, these biscuits are perfect for serving on Christmas Day. Try it…
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) softened margarine
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Powdered sugar for garnish
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the sugar together with margarine and the egg until a creamy mixture. Add the vanilla extract and beat for 1 to 2 minutes. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour and beat until obtain a homogeneous mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- Place the dough on a table dusted with flour and knead it a little with your hands. Then, roll out the pastry with a rolling pin dusted with some flour. Cut the dough with cookie cutters and place in a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Bake about 15 minutes until the biscuits begin to turn golden brown (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cookies from oven and let cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.