Going to invite your friends for dinner and want to make a light and easy recipe? Try this delicious spinach pie recipe, has great presentation, your friends will love and be amazed by the mixture of flavors that the pie offers. Bon appetit!!!
- 200 grams (7 ounces) spinach
- 1 medium onion
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 200 grams (7 ounces) puff pastry
- 2 eggs
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- 200 ml (1/2 pint (236 ml)) whipping cream
- 100 grams (3 1/2 ounces) grated cheese
- Salt (to taste)
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, the cream and the nutmeg, set aside.
- Place the olive oil, the chopped onion and the chopped garlic in a large skillet and saute over medium-low heat until the onion start to turn golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add the spinach and season with a little salt. Stir and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the cream mixture and the grated cheese to the skillet, mix well and turn off the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Grease a pie pan (24 centimeters (9 1/2 inches)) with butter, line with the pastry and prick the bottom with a fork. Pour the spinach mixture over the pastry and bake until golden brown, about 35 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and serve.