Simple and quick, these biscuits have a delicious olive oil aroma. Don’t waste time and prepare them now!
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 250 grams (1 3/4 cups) all-purpose flour
- Zest of one lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed sugar, one egg and lemon zest until a homogeneous mixture. Add the olive oil and mix about 2 to 3 minutes until incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour and beat until a compact mixture.
- Put the dough on a table dusted with flour and knead it a little with your hands. Then, roll out the pastry with a rolling pin sprinkled with some flour. Cut the dough with cookie cutters and place in a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Brush with beaten egg and bake about 15 minutes until the biscuits start to turn golden brown (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the biscuits from oven, let cool completely and serve.