Want to make something simple for Christmas? Easy and simple, these biscuits are perfect for serving on Christmas Day. Marry Christmas!
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) softened margarine
- 250 grams (1 3/4 cups) all-purpose flour
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Powdered sugar for garnish
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the sugar together with margarine and the egg until a creamy mixture. Add the vanilla extract and beat for 1 to 2 minutes. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour and beat until obtain a homogeneous mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Place the dough on a table dusted with flour and knead it a little with your hands. Then, roll out the pastry with a rolling pin dusted with some flour. Cut the dough with cookie cutters and place in a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Bake about 15 minutes until the biscuits begin to turn golden brown (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cookies from oven and let cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.