Going to invite friends for dinner and want to serve a special and delicious dessert? We suggest this Marie biscuit semifreddo, has excellent presentation, it’s quite pleasant and everyone will love!! Try it!!
- 100 grams (3 1/2 ounces) marie biscuits
- 200 ml (1/2 pint (236 ml)) heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 unflavored gelatin sheets
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar to beat the cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 egg whites
- Grated biscuit for garnish
- Beat the egg whites with three tablespoon sugar until stiff peaks form and store in the fridge.
- Put the gelatin sheets in water for about 5 minutes. Drain them well and put in a bowl. Melt for 1 minute in the microwave. Add the melted gelatin sheets to the egg whites and mix thoroughly.
- Beat the cream with the powdered sugar and the vanilla extract until stiff peaks form. Add the whipping cream to the egg whites and fold gently with a spatula.
- In a rectangular dish (23 x 15 centimeters (9 x 6 inches)) put a layer of cream, over the top, a layer of biscuits and, finally, another layer of cream. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with grated biscuit and serve.