Going to receive friends at home and want to prepare a special dessert? This rice pudding with condensed milk is the perfect solution! Everyone will enjoy this creamy, light and very tasty sweet.
- 500 ml (about 2 cups) water
- 1 lemon peel
- 1 cinnamon stick
- A pinch of salt
- 180 grams (about 1 cup) rice
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) milk
- 397 grams (14 ounces) condensed milk
- Cinnamon powder
- Pour the water in a saucepan with the cinnamon stick, lemon peel and a pinch of salt. Place the saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to boil. When starts boiling, add the rice and cook for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the condensed milk with the milk; set aside.
- When the rice is cooked, remove the lemon peel and the cinnamon stick. Add the condensed milk mixture, mix well and cook over low heat more 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat, pour the rice in individual bowls and let cool. Sprinkle with cinnamon powder and serve.