A typical Portuguese dessert, rice pudding sprinkled with cinnamon, simple and delicious…
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) rice
- 400 ml (1 3/4 cups) water
- 800 ml (about 4 cups) milk
- 300 grams (1 1/3 cups) granulated sugar
- 1 lemon peel
- Cinnamon powder for garnish
- 1 cinnamon stick
- A pinch of salt
- In a saucepan, pour the water, lemon peel, cinnamon stick, a pinch of salt and bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, remove the cinnamon stick (reserve the cinnamon stick). Reduce to low heat and pour the rice. Stir and cook about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour the milk together with the cinnamon stick in a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, turn off the heat and remove the cinnamon stick. When the rice is cooked, pour the milk, stir with a spoon and boil over low heat about 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar, stir, remove the lemon peel and cook about 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and pour with a ladle the rice in individual bowls. Sprinkle with cinnamon, let cool and serve.