Cod au gratin2015-11-18
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 1:10 h
Rate this recipe:
Delight yourself with this wonderful cod recipe in the oven with chips drizzled with cream, divine…
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 3 desalted cod steaks (about 750 grams / (1 2/3 pounds))
- 1 medium onion
- 900 grams / (2 pounds) potatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) whipping cream
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 10 grams / (1/3 ounce) breadcrumbs
- Salt (to taste)
- Place the cod in a saucepan with water and bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium low heat and cook about 5 minutes. When the cod is cooked, drain it with a skimmer and let cool slightly. Remove the skin and bones and shred the cod; set aside.
- Peel and wash the potatoes. Cut them into thin sticks and fry slightly in hot oil. When the potatoes are fried, place them on a plate with absorbent paper.
- Place the olive oil, the chopped onion and the chopped garlics in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the onion starts to turn golden brown. Add the potatoes and the cod and season with a little pepper. Stir with a spoon and simmer about 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat, pour the cream and mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- Place the mixture in a round baking dish and sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Bake about 25 minutes until golden brown. Turn off the oven and serve.