- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 55m
Rate this recipe:
If you like the fennel aroma you have to try this delicious recipe. This fennel cake is an excellent choice to serve at a family breakfast with a hot cup of tea. Bon appetit!!!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) sugar
- 5 eggs
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons Port wine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon fennel powder
- Zest of one lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (approximately 24 x 8 centimeters / (9 1/2 x 3 1/4 inches)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs, the sugar and the lemon zest until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Add the fennel powder, the Port wine, the vanilla extract and mix for 3 to 4 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a creamy and homogeneous mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- When the cake is cooked, remove from oven and unmold the cake onto a plate. Let cool to room temperature and serve.