This fennel honey cake is ideal to serve with tea on a cold winter night! It’s simple, quite pleasant and has a mix of flavors that it’s worth a try!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTERSubscribe to our newsletter and receive new recipes in your inbox.
- 1/2 tablespoon fennel powder
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 eggs
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 150 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a loaf tin (25 x 11 centimeters with 7 centimeters high (9 3/4 x 4 1/3-inch with 2 3/4-inch-high)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs together with the sugar and the lemon zest until obtain a creamy and homogeneous mixture. Add the olive oil, honey, fennel and mix for 3 to 4 minutes to incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a homogeneous mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from the oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool and serve.