Rice with shrimp2014-10-24
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 45m
Rate this recipe:
Combine the shrimp with rice and make this an easy but at the same time a delicious recipe.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 800 grams / (1 3/4 pounds) shrimp
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces) rice
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 medium onions
- 1 small onion to cook the shrimp
- Coriander (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Put the shrimp in a saucepan with water (at least 1 liter / (4 1/4 cups)) seasoned with salt, a unpeeled small onion and a bunch of coriander. Bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium-low heat and cook the shrimp about five minutes. When the shrimps are cooked, drain them with a skimmer and let cool slightly. Reserve the cooking water, peel the shrimps and set aside.
- Put the olive oil, the chopped garlics, chopped onion, the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces in a saucepan and cook over low heat until the tomato starts to break down. Then, add the rice with the shrimp and season with a little salt. Pour the cooking water (enough water to cover completely the mixture), stir and boil over high heat. When the water starts boiling, reduce to low heat and simmer about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve.
Nutrition facts per serving (4 servings):
Total Fat: 15 g(23%)
Saturated Fat: 1.5 g(8%)
Cholesterol: 305 mg(102%)
Sodium: 500 mg(21%)
Total Carbohydrate: 32 g(11%)
Protein: 43 g