Stewed pork loin with carrot and leek2014-09-08
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 2:30 h
- Ready In : 3:35 h
Rate this recipe:
Pork loin seasoned with salt, chopped garlics, white wine, pepper, bay leaf and red wine, stewed in olive oil, onion, carrot and leek, sprinkled with chopped coriander.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds) pork loin
- 1 leek
- 2 carrots
- 4 medium onions
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) red wine
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) white wine
- Pepper (to taste)
- Coriander (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Season the meat with a little salt, pepper, chopped garlics, bay leaf, white wine and red wine. Leave to marinate about an hour.
- In a pan place the onions cut into round slices, the olive oil and the meat with the marinade. Cover the pan and bring over low heat about two hours. Add the carrots and the leeks cut into round slices and leave to cook more 30 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and sprinkle with chopped coriander.
- Serve with white rice or potatoes.
Nutrition facts per serving (4 servings):
Total Fat: 44 g(68%)
Saturated Fat: 12 g(60%)
Cholesterol: 160 mg(53%)
Sodium: 350 mg(15%)
Total Carbohydrate: 22 g(7%)
Protein: 52 g