Cinnamon and lemon sponge cake2013-08-27
- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 55m
With the cold days nothing like the comfort of a hot tea and a cinnamon and lemon sponge cake. It’s comforting, tasty and easy to prepare!
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 150 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of one lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a round cake pan (24 x 8 centimeters (9 1/2-inch diameter with 3 1/4-inch-high sides)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs, sugar and the lemon zest until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Pour the lemon juice, the cinnamon and mix for 3 to 4 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a creamy mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- When the cake is cooked, unmold onto a plate, let cool to room temperature and serve.
Cinnamon and lemon sponge cake
Nutrition facts per serving (12 slices)
Total Fat: 2 g(3%)
Saturated Fat: 0.5 g(3%)
Cholesterol: 68 mg(23%)
Sodium: 26 mg(1%)
Total Carbohydrate: 23 g(8%)
Protein: 3.5 g