If you are a fan of sponge cake and chocolate this recipe is perfect for you. It's a delicious cake, fluffy and easy to prepare! If you going to receive visits for the snack, prepare this delicious cake.
It's a simple cake and one of my favorites... I still remember my first steps in the kitchen with my grandmother making delicious cakes with flour and love everywhere... What beautiful memories... Whenever I do a sponge cake these good memories appear...
One of the first cakes we learn to make is sponge cake. It's a simple recipe with very few ingredients and easy to prepare. To give a different twist and make the sponge cake even more delicious, add chocolate powder. This cake always has an excellent presentation because it's a fluffy and bulky cake. Try this chocolate sponge cake version!
MAIN INGREDIENTS OF THIS RECIPE:
- Chocolate powder, granulated sugar, flour, eggs
HOW TO PREPARE THIS DELICIOUS CHOCOLATE SPONGE CAKE:
Beat eggs and sugar until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Add the chocolate powder and mix for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the flour mixed with baking powder and beat until a homogeneous and creamy mixture. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove the cake from the oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool completely and serve.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- 2 tablespoons chocolate powder
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 150 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (24 x 8 centimeters (9 1/2-inch diameter with 3 1/4-inch-high sides)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs and sugar until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Add the chocolate powder and mix for 2 to 3 minutes to incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a homogeneous and creamy mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25 to 30 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from the oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool completely and serve.