Coffee cake with caramelized peach2017-11-03
- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 55m
Going to have visits at home and want to make a nice and simple snack? Prepare this delicious coffee cake with caramelized peach, it’s an easy recipe to prepare with excellent presentation.
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 5 eggs
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) strong coffee
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 150 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 2 medium peaches
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon liquid caramel
- 200 grams (about 1 cup) granulated sugar to caramelize
- Wash, peel the peaches and cut them into slices.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Pour 200 grams (about 1 cup) sugar in a bundt cake pan (24 x 8 centimeters (9 1/2-inch diameter with 3 1/4-inch-high sides)). Put the cake pan on the stove over low heat until caramelize the sugar (go turning the cake pan until stays completely caramelized). Turn off the heat and put the peach slices on the bottom of the cake pan.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs, the lemon zest and the sugar until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Add the coffee, the liquid caramel and mix for 2 to 3 minutes to incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a creamy mixture.
- Pour the dough into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Turn off the oven and unmold the cake onto a plate. Let cool completely and serve.