- Servings : 6 units
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 2:35 h
Rate this recipe:
Want an idea for an appetizer? Nothing like presenting these garlic bread to your friends, they will love it…
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 300 grams / (10 1/2 ounces) white flour
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dry baker’s yeast
- 150 ml / (1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons) water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Chop the garlic in a food processor.
- In a bowl, mix the flour and the salt with your hands. Add the baker’s yeast and mix well. Pour the olive oil, the chopped garlic and some of the water. Knead everything with your hands and go slowly pouring the remaining water.
- Place the dough over a table sprinkled with flour and knead it well until it’s fully involved and soft. When this process is completed, let the dough rise in a bowl covered with cling film about 1 hour or until the dough double in size.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and knead it a little more. Divide the dough in 6 balls and place them in a baking tray lined with tracing paper. Cover with cling film and let stand about 45 minutes. With a sharp knife make 1 diagonal cut across each ball and sprinkle with some flour.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200ºC / (400ºF).
- Bake for about 30 minutes until the bread start to browned. Remove the garlic breads from the oven and serve hot.