Orange roll cake filled with chocolate2014-12-28
- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 40m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 55m
Delicious roll cake with orange aroma, filled with chocolate cream that is worth to taste.
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 4 eggs
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 100 grams (3/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- Juice of one orange
- Zest of one orange
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) softened margarine
- Sugar for dusting
- For the filling:
- 75 grams (2 2/3 ounces) dark chocolate
- 50 grams (1/3 cup) powdered sugar
- 75 grams (1/3 cup) softened margarine
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Separate the yolks from the whites. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form and reserve in the fridge.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the egg yolks together with the sugar and the orange zest until obtain a very creamy mixture. Add the softened margarine and the orange juice and mix for 2 to 3 minutes until well incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a homogeneous and creamy mixture. After everything well beaten, fold gently with a spatula the whipped egg whites.
- Line a baking tray (36 x 30 centimeters (14 1/4 x 11 3/4 inches)) with butter and parchment paper and spread the dough over the top with the help of a spatula. Bake for about 15 minutes until slightly golden (the time depends on the oven).
- When the cake is cooked, remove from oven and sprinkle the cake with sugar. Place a tea towel over top and flip the cake over the table. Remove the tray and peel carefully the parchment paper. Cut with a knife the edges of the cake. Using the towel, start rolling the cake gently from one short end to the other; set aside.
- For the filling:
- Place the chocolate broken into pieces in a bowl and melt in the microwave.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the powdered sugar and the the softened margarine until obtain a creamy and homogeneous texture. Then, add the melted chocolate, without stop beating.
- Unroll the cake and spread the filling with a spatula. Then, re-roll slowly to not break the cake (remove the towel as you rolling). Place the roll cake on a rectangular plate and serve.
Orange roll cake filled with chocolate
Nutrition facts per serving (12 slices)
Total Fat: 12 g(18%)
Saturated Fat: 3.5 g(18%)
Cholesterol: 70 mg(23%)
Sodium: 140 mg(6%)
Total Carbohydrate: 30 g(10%)
Protein: 4 g