Tomato soup with poached eggs2012-11-10
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 40m
Rate this recipe:
Do not have time? Want to make a quick recipe for dinner? This tomato soup with poached egg is perfect! It’s nutritious, tasty and easy to prepare! Try this delicious soup!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds) ripe tomato
- 2 medium onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
- 4 eggs
- Coriander (to taste)
- 750 ml / (3 cups and 2 3/4 tablespoons) water
- 1 bay leaf
- Bread cut into pieces (to taste)
- Place the olive oil, the whole peeled garlic, bay leaf and the chopped onion in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the onion starts to turn golden brown. Add the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces and cook until the tomato start to break down. Pour the water, season with a little salt, stir and boil over medium-hight heat.
- When starts boiling, reduce to low heat, add the eggs and let them cook about 6 to 7 minutes. When the eggs are poached, turn off the heat.
- Place the bread cut into pieces at the bottom of a plate and pour the soup with the poached eggs. Sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve.