Like chicken and clams? Delight yourself with this wonderful combination of flavors that we have to offer you.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- 1.2 kg (2 2/3 pounds) chicken cut into pieces
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 700 grams (1 1/2 pounds) clams
- 200 ml (about 1 cup) white wine
- 2 medium onions
- Juice of one lemon
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 bay leaf
- Coriander (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Place the clams to soak in salted water for one to two hours. Wash them under running water before cooking.
- Season the chicken with salt, bay leaf, pepper, chopped garlic and white wine. Let marinate about one to two hours.
- Place the olive oil and the onions cut into round slices in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the onion starts to turn golden. Add the chicken pieces without the marinade and simmer about 45 minutes until golden slightly, stirring occasionally (reserve the marinade).
- Pour the marinade together with the clams, season with lemon juice, stir and cook over low heat with the pan covered until the clams start to open. Occasionally shake the pan.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve with chips.