Want to prepare a simple, nutritious and quite tasty recipe? This chickpeas and cod salad recipe is undoubtedly an excellent option! Has excellent presentation and the combination of the chickpeas and the cod is delicious…
- 2 desalted cod steaks (about 600 grams (1 1/3 pounds))
- 300 grams (10 1/2 ounces) chickpeas
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 2 medium onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Bay leaf (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Parsley (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Soak the chickpeas overnight.
- In a pressure cooker with water seasoned with a little salt cook the chickpeas for about 20 minutes. When the chickpeas is cooked, drain with a skimmer and set aside.
- Meanwhile, put the cod steaks in a saucepan with water and boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook for about 6 to 7 minutes. When the cod is cooked, drain it with a skimmer. Remove the skin and bones and flake it with a fork.
- Put the olive oil, the onion cut into round slices, bay leaf and the chopped garlic in a frying pan and saute over low heat until the onion start to turn sligthly golden. Add the chickpeas together with the cod and season with a little pepper. Mix well and cook about 7 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.