Want a hot recipe for a cold winter day? Look no further, Stewed beans with poached egg is the perfect solution…
- 500 grams (17 1/2 ounces) dried red beans
- 6 eggs
- 400 grams (14 ounces) spare ribs
- 150 grams (5 1/3 ounces) Portuguese chouriço
- 2 medium onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Soak the beans overnight.
- In a pressure cooker with water, cook the beans with the spare ribs about 30 minutes (reserve the cooking water).
- Put the olive oil, chopped onions, the peeled whole garlic, pepper, spare ribs cut into pieces and the Portuguese chouriço cut into slices in a saucepan and cook over low heat about 7 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then, pour the beans cooking broth seasoned with a little salt and boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat, add the beans and cook until sauce starts to turn creamy, stirring occasionally.
- When the beans are almost cooked add the eggs and let them poach. Turn off the heat, let stand with the pan covered about five minutes and serve.