Lemon chocolate cake2017-07-12
- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 55m
Rate this recipe:
Want a sweet and fresh cake for hot days? We have the ideal solution for you, lemon chocolate cake, it’s fresh and quite tasty with the lemon and chocolate fusion. Serve with a fruit juice and get a perfect snack! Try it!!!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- Juice of one lemon
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) sugar
- 125 grams / (4 1/2 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 75 grams / (2 2/3 ounces) dark chocolate
- 4 eggs
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a loaf tin (approximately 25 x 11 centimeters / (9 3/4 x 4 1/3 inches)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- Cut with a knife the chocolate in small pieces.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs, the sugar and the lemon zest until obtain a creamy and homogeneous mixture. Add the lemon juice and mix for 1 to 2 minutes to incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a creamy mixture. Finally, fold with a spatula the chocolate pieces.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Turn off the oven and unmold the cake. Let cool completely, garnish with lemon slices and chocolate and serve.