Minced meat with spaghetti2014-04-19
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 60m
Rate this recipe:
For a lunch with friends this minced meat recipe with spaghetti is always welcome! Everyone loves it and is very simple to prepare!! Bon appetit!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 125 grams / (4 1/2 ounces) minced pork
- 125 grams / (4 1/2 ounces) minced beef
- 1 large onion
- 1 small onion to cook the spaghetti
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 50 grams / (1 3/4 ounces) Portuguese chorizo
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces) spaghetti
- Pepper (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- Juice of half lemon
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) béchamel
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 cup tablespoons) whipping cream
- 1 egg yolk
- Salt (to taste)
- Peel the skin off of the chorizo and cut it into pieces. Place the chorizo in a food processor and pulse until well chopped.
- Mix the pork with the beef and season with salt, pepper, chopped garlics, nutmeg and egg yolk. Mix with your hands the spices in the meat and let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring to a boil on high heat a saucepan with water seasoned with salt and a small onion. When starts boiling, add the spaghetti and cook over medium-low heat about 10 minutes. Turn off the heat, drain the spaghetti and set aside.
- Place the olive oil and the chopped onion in a large skillet and saute over low heat until the onion starts to turn golden brown. Add the minced meat, stir with a wooden spoon and cook over low heat about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a bowl, whisk well the cream and the béchamel.
- When the meat is cooked, add the spaghetti and the béchamel mixture to the skillet and mix well. Boil for 2 to 3 minutes over low heat and turn off the heat. Season with lemon juice and a little more pepper and serve.
Nutrition facts per serving (4 servings):
Total Fat: 33 g(51%)
Saturated Fat: 11 g(54%)
Cholesterol: 190 mg(63%)
Sodium: 315 mg(13%)
Total Carbohydrate: 42.5 g(14%)
Protein: 30.5 g