Olive oil and cinnamon cake2016-12-16
- Servings : 14 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 55m
Rate this recipe:
This cake with the olive oil and cinnamon aroma is perfect for a snack with a hot tea on a Winter afternoon! Your friends and your family will love it!!!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 75 ml / (5 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon powder
- Zest of one lemon
- 6 eggs
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) softened margarine
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) sugar
- 175 grams / (6 1/4 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (approximately 25 x 10 centimeters / (9 3/4 x 4 inches)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the sugar, the eggs and the lemon zest until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Add the margarine, the olive oil, the cinnamon and mix for 3 to 4 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a creamy and homogeneous mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- When the cake is cooked, remove from oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool completely, sprinkle with cinnamon powder and serve.