- Servings : 14 slices
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 40m
Rate this recipe:
This cake is simple, pleasant and have the delicious orange aroma that everyone will enjoy…
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 4 eggs
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) sugar
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 150 ml / (1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons) orange juice
- Zest of one orange
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a round cake pan (25 x 6 centimeters / (9 3/4 x 2 1/3 inches)) with margarine and dust with flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the sugar, eggs and the orange zest until a homogeneous mixture. Then, pour the orange juice and beat for 1 to 2 minutes until incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until obtain a homogeneous and creamy mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from oven, unmold and let cool to room temperature. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.