Chocolate and soft fruit cake2014-04-30
- Servings : 14 slices
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 55m
You have visits and want to surprise? Serve this cake with a delicious combination of chocolate and soft fruit.
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 2 tablespoons chocolate powder
- 6 eggs
- 100 grams (3/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 2 tablespoons soft fruit jam
- 200 ml (1/2 pint (236 ml)) heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- Soft fruit for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a round cake pan (25 x 6 centimeters (9 3/4 x 2 1/3 inches)) with margarine and sprinkle with flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the egg and the sugar until obtain a creamy mixture. Then, add the chocolate powder together with the soft fruit jam and the rum and beat for 2 to 3 minutes to incorporate. Reduce the speed, add the flour and beat until a homogeneous mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from oven, unmold and let cool to room temperature.
- Whip the cream together with the powdered sugar and the vanilla in a electric mixer until stiff peaks form (don’t overbeat the cream). With a spatula, cover the cake with the whipped cream, garnish with soft fruit and serve. Store in the fridge.
Chocolate and soft fruit cake
Nutrition facts per serving (14 slices)
Total Fat: 8 g(12%)
Saturated Fat: 4 g(20%)
Cholesterol: 110 mg(37%)
Sodium: 35 mg(1%)
Total Carbohydrate: 18 g(6%)
Protein: 4 g