Cod with pasta and egg2013-05-14
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 35m
Prepare this simple and very tasty recipe of cod with pasta and egg mixed in tomato, onion and olive oil! Try it, you’ll love this delicious combination of flavors. Bon appetit!!!
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 4 desalted cod steaks (about 1 kg (2 1/4 pounds))
- Dried coriander leaves (to taste)
- 3 eggs
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes
- 250 grams (8 3/4 ounces) penne pasta
- Oregano (to taste)
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 1 small onion to cook the pasta
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 large onion
- Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Place the cod in a saucepan with water and boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium low heat and cook for about 5 minutes. When the cod is cooked, drain it with a skimmer and let cool slightly. Remove the skin and bones and flake the cod with a fork; set aside.
- Cook the pasta in a saucepan with water seasoned with a peeled onion and a little salt. Cook the eggs in another saucepan. When the pasta and the eggs are cooked, Drain the pasta and peel the eggs; set aside.
- Place the olive oil, the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces, chopped garlic and the oregano in a saucepan and cook over low heat until the tomato start to break down, stirring occasionally. Add the flaked cod and the pasta to the pan, season with pepper and mix in the tomato sauce. Turn off the heat, garnish with egg slices and sprinkle with dried coriander leaves. Serve immediately.
Cod with pasta and egg
Nutrition facts per serving (4 servings)
Total Fat: 19 g(24%)
Saturated Fat: 3.5 g(17%)
Cholesterol: 306 mg(102%)
Sodium: 303 mg(13%)
Total Carbohydrate: 42.5 g(15%)
Protein: 69.5 g