Egg white cake with cinnamon and honey2016-02-23
- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 45m
To vary the traditional flavors, prepare this cake with egg white, cinnamon and honey and you will see how these flavors merge in a delicious cake. It’s great in Winter with a cup of hot chocolate!
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 150 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 5 egg whites
- Zest of one lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (24 x 8 centimeters (9 1/2-inch diameter with 3 1/4-inch-high sides)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the egg whites, sugar and the lemon zest until a homogeneous mixture. Pour the honey and the cinnamon and mix for 2 to 3 minutes to incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until obtain a homogeneous and creamy mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- When the cake is cooked, remove it from oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool completely and serve.
Egg white cake with cinnamon and honey
Nutrition facts per serving (12 slices)
Total Fat: 0 g(0%)
Saturated Fat: 0 g(0%)
Cholesterol: 0 mg(0%)
Sodium: 70 mg(3%)
Total Carbohydrate: 27 g(9%)
Protein: 3 g