- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 50m
Want to drink a tea on a terrace in the sun and it lacks something sweet to accompany? This lemon cake is the solution. It’s easy, very pleasant and fluffy. Try it!
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 4 eggs
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 175 grams (1 1/4 cups) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Zest of one lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (24 x 8 centimeters (9 1/2-inch diameter with 3 1/4-inch-high sides)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the eggs, sugar and the lemon zest until a homogeneous mixture. Pour the lemon juice and the honey and mix for 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until obtain a homogeneous mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 to 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- When the cake is cooked, remove from the oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool completely and serve with tea.
Nutrition facts per serving (12 slices)
Total Fat: 1.5 g(2%)
Saturated Fat: 0.5 g(3%)
Cholesterol: 55 mg(18%)
Sodium: 23 mg(1%)
Total Carbohydrate: 25.5 g(9%)
Protein: 3.5 g