Meatballs in the oven2013-04-10
- Servings : 4/5
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 1:45 h
Rate this recipe:
A recipe of meatballs in the oven that you’ll love it, drizzled with olive oil and white wine, aromatized with thyme.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 300 grams / (10 1/2 ounces) minced beef
- 300 grams / (10 1/2 ounces) minced pork
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 50 grams / (1 3/4 ounces) Portuguese chorizo
- 1 egg yolk
- 150 ml / (1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons) olive oil
- 3 medium onions
- Thyme (to taste)
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) white wine
- Salt (to taste)
- Peel the skin off of the chorizo, cut into chunks and chop in a food processor.
- Mix the pork with the beef. Season with salt, pepper, chopped chorizo, chopped garlic, nutmeg, one chopped onion and an egg yolk. Mix well the seasonings in the meat and let marinate about one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- Mold the meat with your hands in the shape of balls and coat with breadcrumbs.
- Place the remaining onions cut into round slices in a rectangular baking dish together with the meatballs. Drizzle with olive oil and white wine, sprinkle with thyme and bake about 35 minutes until the meatballs start to turn slightly golden brown. Occasionally drizzle with the sauce.
- Remove the meatballs from the oven and serve with a delicious lettuce and tomato salad.