Want to prepare a special dinner? The traditional meatballs are always delicious, tasty and ideal for any dinner with family or friends. Bon appetit!!!
- 250 grams (8 3/4 ounces) minced beef
- 250 grams (8 3/4 ounces) minced pork
- Oregano (to taste)
- 4 Portuguese chouriço slices (about 25 grams (1 ounce))
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 egg yolk
- Enough water to cover the meatballs
- Pepper (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) Port wine
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- Salt (to taste)
- Peel the skin off of the chouriço and chop it well in a food processor.
- Mix the minced pork with the beef. Season with salt, pepper, chopped chouriço, nutmeg, oregano, three chopped cloves of garlic, egg yolk and Port wine. Mix with your hands and let marinate about two hours.
- Mold the meat with your hands in the shape of balls and coat them in breadcrumbs.
- Place the olive oil, the chopped onion and the remaining chopped garlic in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the onion start to turn golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add the meatballs, pour the water (enough water to cover the meatballs) and boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat, cover the pan with a lid and cook until the sauce start to thicken slightly, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and serve the meatballs with mashed potato.