Olive oil biscuits2013-12-01
- Servings : 10 units
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 40m
Rate this recipe:
Simple and quick, these biscuits have a delicious olive oil aroma. Don’t waste time and prepare them now!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces) all-purpose flour
- Zest of one lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed sugar, one egg and lemon zest until a homogeneous mixture. Add the olive oil and mix about 2 to 3 minutes until incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour and beat until a compact mixture.
- Put the dough on a table dusted with flour and knead it a little with your hands. Then, roll out the pastry with a rolling pin sprinkled with some flour. Cut the dough with cookie cutters and place in a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Brush with beaten egg and bake about 15 minutes until the biscuits start to turn golden brown (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the biscuits from oven, let cool completely and serve.