Olive oil biscuits2013-12-01
- Servings : 10 units
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 40m
Simple and quick, these biscuits have a delicious olive oil aroma. Don’t waste time and prepare them now!
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 250 grams (1 3/4 cups) all-purpose flour
- Zest of one lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed sugar, one egg and lemon zest until a homogeneous mixture. Add the olive oil and mix about 2 to 3 minutes until incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour and beat until a compact mixture.
- Put the dough on a table dusted with flour and knead it a little with your hands. Then, roll out the pastry with a rolling pin sprinkled with some flour. Cut the dough with cookie cutters and place in a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Brush with beaten egg and bake about 15 minutes until the biscuits start to turn golden brown (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the biscuits from oven, let cool completely and serve.
Olive oil biscuits
Nutrition facts per serving (10 units)
Total Fat: 6 g(9%)
Saturated Fat: 1 g(5%)
Cholesterol: 33 mg(11%)
Sodium: 13 mg(1%)
Total Carbohydrate: 29 g(10%)
Protein: 3.5 g