Olive oil and cinnamon cake2016-12-16
- Servings : 14 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 55m
This cake with the olive oil and cinnamon aroma is perfect for a snack with a hot tea on a Winter afternoon! Your friends and your family will love it!!!
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon powder
- Zest of one lemon
- 6 eggs
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) softened margarine
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 175 grams (1 1/4 cups) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (25 x 10 centimeters (9 3/4-inch diameter with 4-inch-high sides)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the sugar, the eggs and the lemon zest until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Add the margarine, the olive oil, the cinnamon and mix for 3 to 4 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a creamy and homogeneous mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- When the cake is cooked, remove from oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool completely, sprinkle with cinnamon powder and serve.