Try this cake aromatized with fruit topped with a delicious and creamy royal icing. A delicious mix of flavors, dare yourself…
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
For the cake:
- 5 eggs
- 150 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 125 grams (4 1/2 ounces) candied fruit
- 75 grams (2 2/3 ounces) dried fruits
- 25 ml (1 3/4 tablespoons) Port wine
- 2 egg whites
- 100 grams (3/4 cup) powdered sugar
- A few drops of lemon juice
- A few drops of vanilla extract
For the topping:
- For the cake:
Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (24 x 8 centimeters (9 1/2-inch diameter with 3 1/4-inch-high sides)) with margarine and dust with flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs, lemon zest and the sugar until a homogeneous mixture. Pour the Port wine and beat for 1 to 2 minutes. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until obtain a creamy mixture. Add the candied fruit and the dried fruits and fold with a spatula.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 to 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- For the topping:
In a bowl, beat the egg whites with the drops of lemon juice and vanilla extract until creamy. Add the powdered sugar gradually and mix until stiff peaks form.
- Remove the cake from oven and cover with the previous mixture. Garnish with candied fruit, let cool and serve.