To celebrate a special day or to brighten someone’s day, prepare a delicious, spectacular and unforgettable cake. We present the perfect cake for that occasion, chocolate cake with fruit and chantilly… It’s divine!
- For the cake:
- 150 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 100 grams (3/4 cup) chocolate powder
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) softened butter
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 eggs
- 200 ml (about 1 cup) milk
- 400 ml (1 pint (473 ml)) heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar to beat the cream
- 6 pineapple slices (about 300 grams (10 1/2 ounces))
- 150 grams (5 1/3 ounces) strawberries
- Grated chocolate for garnish
For the filling:
- For the cake:
Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a round cake pan (22 x 10 centimeters (8 2/3 x 4 inches)) with margarine and dust with flour.
- Separate the yolks from the whites. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form and store in the fridge.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the egg yolks, the butter and the sugar until obtain a quite creamy mixture. Add the chocolate powder, the milk, the vanilla extract and mix for 3 to 4 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low and beat the flour mixed with the baking powder until a homogeneous and creamy mixture. Finally, fold gently with a spatula the whipped egg whites.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45 to 50 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from oven, unmold onto a plate and let cool completely.
- For the filling:
In a bowl, whip the cream together with the powdered sugar and the vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
- Slice the cake in half with a knife, fill with half of the chantilly and garnish with 3 pineapple slices and a few strawberries cut into slices. Cover with the top slice of the cake, spread the top of the cake with the remaining cream and garnish with 3 pineapple slices and the remaining strawberries.
- Garnish with grated chocolate and serve the cake cold. Store in the refrigerator.