This cod rice recipe in the oven is ideal for a family lunch! it’s healthy, nutritious and ideal for everyone… Serve with salad and a good white wine!
- 3 desalted cod steaks (about 800 grams (1 3/4 pounds))
- 1 medium onion
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 250 grams (1 1/4 cups) rice
- Pepper (to taste)
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- Coriander (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Put the cod in a saucepan with water and boil over high heat. When the water starts boiling, reduce to medium-low heat and cook for 5 minutes. When the cod is cooked, drain it with a skimmer and let cool slightly. Remove the skin and bones and flake the cod with a fork; set aside. Cook the eggs in another saucepan. When the eggs are cooked, peel them and cut into round slices; set aside.
- Put the olive oil, chopped onion, chopped garlic and the bay leaf in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the onion start to turn slightly golden. Add the flaked cod and season with some pepper. Stir with a wooden spoon and cook over low heat about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Then, add the rice and season with a little salt. Mix the rice and the cod and fry for 1 minute. Pour the water (enough water to completely cover the mixture) and boil over medium-high heat. Reduce to low heat and cook for about 10 to 12 minutes. Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped coriander and mix in the rice (remove the bay leaves).
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Put the mixture in a baking pan and garnish with the egg slices. Brush with beaten egg yolk and bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and serve.