If you want to make a fine snack with friends, try these wonderful crepes served with apple puree sprinkled with cinnamon.
- For the dough:
- 3 whole eggs
- 125 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 300 ml (1 1/3 cups) milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Butter for greasing
- A pinch of salt
- Cinnamon (to taste)
- 4 red apples
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cinnamon stick
For the filling:
- For the dough:
In a bowl, mix the flour, salt and the sugar; set aside.
- Melt the margarine in the microwave and set aside.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs and the milk. Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the flour mixture. Then, add the vanilla powder together with the melted margarine and beat for 2 to 3 minutes until well incorporated.
- Grease a non-stick skillet with a little butter and heat over medium-low heat. When the butter starts melting, pour small portions of the dough with a ladle until cover completely the bottom. When the first side starts to turn slightly golden, flip with a spatula and cook about a minute or until golden. Repeat the process until the dough runs out.
- Place the crepes on a plate and set aside.
- For the filling:
Wash, peel the apples and cut them into pieces. Place the apple pieces and the cinnamon stick in a saucepan with water and bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium heat and cook about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, remove the cinnamon stick and drain the apples. Place the apples, honey and the sugar in a blender and blend on high until pureed.
- Place small portions of the filling on each crepe, spreading a single line on the middle across the crepe. Roll the crepe over the filling, garnish with cinnamon and honey and serve.