You must try this fish bread soup flavored with coriander and garlic. It’s a simple, economical and quite tasty recipe. Bon appetit!!!
- 2 liters (8 cups) water
- 900 grams (2 pounds) fish (any type of fish)
- 1 medium onion to cook the fish
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Coriander (to taste)
- 400 grams (14 ounces) preferably stale bread cut into pieces
- A drizzle of olive oil
- Place the fish in a saucepan with water (at least two liters) seasoned with salt, a drizzle of olive oil, a peeled onion and a branch of coriander. Boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook the fish for about 10 to 12 minutes. When the fish is cooked, drain it with a skimmer (reserve the cooking water). Remove the skin and bones from the fish and cut into pieces.
- In a large bowl, add the olive oil, chopped garlic, chopped coriander and the cooking water. Add the fish, season with a little pepper and stir.
- Place the bread pieces at the bottom of each dish, pour the broth and serve immediately.