Soups are always a great choice for healthy and nutritious meals! Have you tried this tasty and simple green bean soup? It’s delicious and is ideal for those cold winter dinners… Bon appetit!!!
- 2 liters (8 cups) water
- 250 grams (8 3/4 ounces) green beans
- 1 turnip
- 40 grams (1 1/2 ounces) penne pasta
- 1 leek
- 4 carrots
- 3 medium onions
- 1 medium potato
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Peel and wash the potato, onions, the carrots, turnip and the leek. In a large saucepan with 2 liters (8 cups) water put the turnip, leek, carrots, the onions and the potato, everything cut into pieces. Boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium-low heat and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Remove briefly the saucepan from heat and use a hand blender to blend the soup until creamy. Season with olive oil and a little salt. Stir and put the saucepan back on the stove over high heat.
- When starts boiling, add the pasta and the green beans cut into small pieces and cook for more 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and serve.