Soups are always a great choice for healthy and nutritious meals! Have you tried this tasty and simple green bean soup? It’s delicious and is ideal for those cold winter dinners… Bon appetit!!!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- 2 liters (8 cups) water
- 250 grams (8 3/4 ounces) green beans
- 1 turnip
- 40 grams (1 1/2 ounces) penne pasta
- 1 leek
- 4 carrots
- 3 medium onions
- 1 medium potato
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Peel and wash the potato, onions, the carrots, turnip and the leek. In a large saucepan with 2 liters (8 cups) water put the turnip, leek, carrots, the onions and the potato, everything cut into pieces. Boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium-low heat and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Remove briefly the saucepan from heat and use a hand blender to blend the soup until creamy. Season with olive oil and a little salt. Stir and put the saucepan back on the stove over high heat.
- When starts boiling, add the pasta and the green beans cut into small pieces and cook for more 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and serve.