Dare yourself to try this Portuguese bread soup recipe, simple, fast and so tasty…
- 6 cloves of garlic
- Coriander (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Stale bread (to taste)
- 1.5 liters (about 6 cups) water
- 4 eggs
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- Put in a bowl, the chopped coriander, chopped garlic, pepper, olive oil and salt. Stir with a spoon and set aside.
- Bring over high heat a saucepan with 1.5 liters (about 6 cups) water and a few drops of vinegar. When the water starts bubbling, reduce to medium-low heat, add the eggs and let them poach about 5 min. When the eggs are poached, remove them with a skimmer to a plate and set aside (reserve the cooking water).
- Cut the bread into pieces. In a deep bowl, pour the olive oil and coriander mixture, stir and add the bread cut into pieces. Mix well and pour the cooking water. Put the poached eggs over the mixture and serve.