Sweets are mandatory presence at tables in the festive seasons. Try these orange dreams, you’ll love it!!
- 2 eggs
- Zest of one orange
- Juice of two oranges
- 225 grams (1 2/3 cups) all-purpose flour
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Sugar and cinnamon
- Vegetable oil for frying
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs together with the sugar and the orange zest until obtain a homogeneous and creamy mixture. Pour the orange juice and beat for 2 to 3 minutes to incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until creamy.
- Heat the oil in a skillet. When the oil is hot, add small portions of the dough with a spoon and fry them on both sides until golden. When they are fried, remove them with a skimmer and place on a plate with absorbent paper.
- Put the sugar and the cinnamon on a plate and mix well. Coat the orange dreams in this mixture and serve.